Since graduating from Suffolk Law in 1991, Bankruptcy Attorney Mark Buckley has provided thousands of free debt consultations to clients in all of Rhode Island’s 39 cities and towns. He is the only bankruptcy attorney in RI who is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and he will help you understand the difference between debt consolidation scams, credit counseling and true bankruptcy relief.
Mark Buckley was honored to serve on the Attorney Advisory Committee to the US Bankruptcy Court (RI), is among the few lawyers who are full-time bankruptcy debtor attorneys, and is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA). Serving Rhode Island and South Eastern Massachusetts, Attorney Buckley has offered confidential telephone, office and in-home consultations for over 25 years, and has filed an estimated 3,000 Chapter 7 cases.
FREE DEBT CONSULTATION
During your free consultation, Attorney Buckley will explain your best options and whether he believes your case will be successful. While no lawyer can guaranty an outcome in any legal matter, Attorney Buckley will offer to refund the attorney fee if your bankruptcy case is dismissed through no fault of your own. To date, he has never filed a case that has not received a discharge in bankruptcy and is careful only to accept clients he knows he can help.
CHOOSING THE BEST BANKRUPTCY LAWYER
With 5,878 attorneys in Rhode Island, how do you choose the best RI bankruptcy lawyer for your debt situation? Do your research:
- Is he really a bankruptcy lawyer, or just a general practitioner who “dabbles” in bankruptcy?
- How long has he devoted his practice exclusively to Rhode Island bankruptcy law?
- Is he respected by local bankruptcy Trustees and the RI Bankruptcy Court, or does he produce sloppy work and have to repeatedly fix mistakes?
- Will he handle your case completely (initial interview, preparing the 55+ page petition, attending the required creditor meeting) or will your case be outsourced to secretaries, inexperienced attorneys, or “document preparers” overseas?
- Is he running a “bankruptcy mill”, taking in more work than can be handled competently?
- Does he have a reputation for ignoring deadlines and Orders of the Rhode Island Bankruptcy Court?
- Can you find good reviews on-line from other bankruptcy clients who have hired him?
ATTORNEY BUCKLEY’S FOCUS
Mark Buckley’s goal is to remove the stress of excessive debt, make your living expenses more reasonable, and help you begin to enjoy life again. He is in constant contact with his clients, returns all calls and emails promptly and is strongly committed to providing the best bankruptcy representation in Rhode Island.
Attorney Buckley is licensed to practice law in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is a member of the RI and MA Bar Associations and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.