My name is Mark Buckley, and I’m a Rhode Island bankruptcy lawyer. I practice consumer bankruptcy law and I help good people struggling with too much debt.
My goal is to give you the answers you need without having to schedule an office appointment. You can just call me with your bill problems and I’ll explain your debt relief options over the phone.
When you are ready to take action, a convenient in-home appointment is scheduled to begin the process. While many of my clients are from Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket and Providence, I travel to every one of Rhode Island’s 39 cities and towns to meet my clients in person.
I am the only Rhode Island bankruptcy attorney who is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. This means I have the skills to not only get you out of debt, but to help you restore your credit in as little as 12-24 months.
I am also in a select group of Rhode Island bankruptcy attorneys who have filed bankruptcy relief for more than 3,000 clients. To date, 100% of my clients have received a successful bankruptcy discharge.
I’ve been a Rhode Island bankruptcy lawyer since 1991 and I will explain your protections under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the US Bankruptcy Code.
I’m a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association, a former contributing author to the Bankruptcy Law Network and a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. I also served on the attorney Advisory Committee to the Rhode Island Bankruptcy Court.
If you are being hounded by bill collectors for credit card debts, medical bills, or have other debt problems, I can help. With an understanding of Rhode Island bankruptcy law and a call from you, I can explain how to erase debt, protect your property and get a financial fresh start. Together, we can explore debt settlement options, credit counseling, and protections available under the new bankruptcy laws. You can then decide the best course of action to take.
Read More About Bankruptcy Lawyer Mark Buckley
- Local Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy laws are complicated. Only a RI bankruptcy lawyer can keep you out of trouble and save you money.
- In Rhode Island, you must choose between state and federal exemption laws. Only a skilled bankruptcy lawyer knows how to protect the most property.
- Which type of bankruptcy is best for you? Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. A qualified Rhode Island bankruptcy lawyer can help explain all of your bankruptcy options.
- A Rhode Island Bankruptcy Lawyer knows how your recent activity affects your bankruptcy options. Will recent purchases or cash advances hurt your case?
- Are reaffirmation agreements necessary to protect your property in a RI Bankruptcy? An experienced RI bankruptcy lawyer knows the answer.
- Experience: I have filed thousands of Chapter 7 bankruptcies over 22 years and every case ended successfully. I will also help you restore your credit after bankruptcy.
- Convenience: I offer FREE TELEPHONE CONSULATIONS and IN-HOME APPOINTMENTS days, evenings and weekends.
- Guarantee: My attorney fee is refunded if your case is dismissed without discharge through no fault of your own.
- Professionalism: I take your case from start to finish and you work exclusively with me. Unlike some lawyers, I won’t hand you to a paralegal, a document preparer from India, or teenagers (hard to believe) to prepare your bankruptcy petition.
- Cost: I will quote a fee that is fair and affordable and I offer payment plans. No other bankruptcy attorney with my experience and reputation charges less. (You should question a lowball bankruptcy quote. You’d be shocked what you’re not getting in the deal. You need to avoid the cheap bankruptcy lawyer who files incomplete bankruptcy petitions, misses court deadlines, cuts corners, and has a reputation for sloppy work.)
With 5,878 licensed attorneys in Rhode Island, I never wanted to be a generalist; taking every case that walks in the door. Instead, I’ve devoted my practice to debt relief.
My clients are better represented because: they get an actual bankruptcy attorney who handles their case completely (not a “paralegal” as in most bankruptcy offices), they have my undivided attention, meetings are unrushed, and appointments are scheduled at our mutual convenience.
Bottom line, in-home appointments put me in the best position to represent you. By offering free telephone consults and in-home appointments, my clients get the highest level of service and best results.